External Sources of Funding
If appropriate, we encourage candidates to apply for their own externally-funded fellowships. There are a number of these available to newly qualified postdoctoral scientists at the Institute.
Please follow the links below for more information about some of them, including how to apply and eligibility.
Non-UK citizens may also want to consider sources of funding unique to their home countries. If you are considering applying for an externally-funded fellowship, please contact the Group Leader you are interested in working with at an early stage as they will need to support your application. We also have a grants officer, Dr Catherine Winchester (firstname.lastname@example.org) who can provide support and advice on postdoctoral fellowship applications.
- AACR Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Association of Medical Research Charities (The website has a member directory that lists all of the cancer charities in the UK)
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council
- Cancer Research UK
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft
- EMBO Long-Term Fellowships
- FEBS Long-Term Fellowships
- Human Frontier Science Program
- Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowships
- Marie Curie Individual Fellowships
- Medical Research Council Fellowships
- Royal Commission of 1851 Fellowships
- RSE/CRF Fellowships
- Sir Henry Dale Fellowships
- Swiss National Science Foundation
- Wellcome Trust Postdoctoral Fellowships