Salary Range £20,404 - £33,208, depending on experience
18 month fixed term contract
An opportunity has arisen to appoint a protein crystallisation scientist to our expanding structural biology team. The position is offered on an initial 18 months fixed term basis, with a possibility of transition to a non-fixed term position in due course.
You may be a recent graduate or have some experience working in a protein science laboratory. The primary responsibility of the role is to support our structural biology program by crystallising cancer-related target proteins for x-ray diffraction analysis. Prior experience of protein crystallisation techniques would be highly desirable. The successful applicant may be engaged in other protein science activities when there is an operational need. Thus a familiarity with bacterial cell culture, rudimentary protein purification and SDS-PAGE/Western blotting would be an advantage.
Skills and Experience :
• B.Sc. (Hons), M.Sc. or equivalent in a relevant Life Science discipline.
• Experience of protein crystallisation is highly desired.
• Use of manual and robotic crystallisation techniques would be an advantage.
• Familiarity with core protein science techniques is desired, including SDS-PAGE/Western blotting, recombinant protein expression (E.coli) and basic protein purification methods.
• Computer literacy with competence in the use of standard office software.
• An adaptable and flexible attitude, and an ability to work in an ambitious team is a must.
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be addressed to Dr Justin Bower; email@example.com (Joint Head of Drug Discovery).
Closing date for applications is Friday July 26th, 2019.