Salary range £22,000 to 25,000 depending on experience.
The CRUK Beatson Institute is a leading cancer research centre based at the University of Glasgow's Garscube Estate in Bearsden, supporting cutting-edge work into how cancers develop and spread with the overarching goal of finding better ways to treat them. As well as core support from Cancer Research UK, we receive an additional third of our income from external grants and industry collaborations. Key to our research ethos is openness, integrity and collaboration.
The diversity of our staff and students is what makes the Institute a great place to work and advance discoveries in cancer research. Family friendly policies, our collaborative ethos, a focus on good mental health and well-being and opportunities for all, help to create an enjoyable and inclusive workplace where your voice matters.
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated events organiser with excellent organisational skills to become a key member of our Administration team.
In this exciting and diverse role, you will take responsibility for:
- Providing comprehensive administrative support for various Beatson events, in particular scientific workshops and conferences
- Advertising and promoting workshops and events; booking venues and accommodation; arranging travel for speakers and ensuring all deadlines are met
You will possess excellent communication skills, be proficient in using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, and be able to work both independently or as part of a team. Although standard office hours apply to this role, flexibility is expected to enable critical deadlines to be met and there may be occasions when you will be required to attend events outside office hours.
For informal enquiries, please contact Dr Jackie Beesley, Head of Research Management (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Competitive salary
- 40.5 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro-rata).
- Defined Contribution pension scheme.
- Life Insurance scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Additional maternity pay at 6 month's full pay (subject to service).
- Shared parental leave.
- Cycle to work scheme that could save you 26-40% on a bike and accessories.
- Access to Employee benefit schemes with discounts on supermarkets, cinema, travel and much more.
- On-site secure parking.
All applications must be made via our website.
Closing date for applications: 17th February 2023